What I Got for Christmas

| On
10:03 AM

This year, Christmas was unnaturally warm. I live for the time of year when it gets snowy and cold, so this was a little heartbreaking. But despite the seventy degree weather, I think it was one of the best Christmases I've had. My family spent loads of time together, I got to catch up with friends, and I got to celebrate with my sweet boyfriend.

Often at Christmas time I get stressed out with all the traffic and figuring out what present to get my loved ones. This year, I actually relaxed and let my heart be light. I didn't put all this emphasis on decorating or giving the perfect gifts. I spent time with family and made a lot of memories.

Now that it's the new year, I feel obligated to make resolutions. To me they are mostly just wishful thinking, but I love to make lists. One of my resolutions is to make posts more often. So, to try to keep this resolution I thought I would share a few things I got for Christmas.



1. My boyfriend got me these adorable measuring spoons. Sadly, I broke one from my other set (RIP 1/4 tsp.) so this was a perfect gift. 2. I've had my eye on this cookbook for a long time. His mom got this for me, and we made something from it as soon as the holidays were over.  The photography is gorgeous and the dish we made was amazing. 3. My mom knows me too well. I go on and on about Penguin Cloth-bound Classics, so she picked me up their edition of Far From the Madding Crowd. 4. She also got me this Rifle Paper Co. phone case. As soon as I put it on my phone I couldn't stop looking at it. You did good mom!


My friend Ivy always picks out the perfect presents. She is also the queen of wrapping.
1. The most heavenly smelling body wash and moisturizer I have ever smelled. I used the Rose Jam yesterday and I decided then and there I am going to have to get more. 2. Super fluffy socks from Free People. They even have those little stickies at the bottom. (which is good for us clumsy folks) 3. Cleopatra perfume from Tocca. I don't know how to describe just how amazing this smells. It smells so fancy and powdery and like everything wonderful. 4. Interstellar. 5. Tea! Peach loose leaf tea. Bless you Ivy.
Be sure to check out Ivy's blog! http://ivychristian.blogspot.com/