| On
6:27 AM




Hello again. Just a short post this time about something that has been on my mind. Sorry in advance for any rambling!

A few days ago, I finished the 1, 2, & 3 John study on She Reads Truth. One of the verses on Day 5 that really stuck with me was Romans 12:9. It said: "Let love be genuine..."

I was so convicted. How many times have I walked around with a negative attitude or low self-esteem and it affected my heart for others?

I am bad to assume people are judging me. When I walk around campus I feel like everyone is noticing my bad hair day or lack of makeup. They aren't. People just don't pay as much attention to you as you think they do.

Where I fall short is, in assuming they are judging me, I've developed a cold disposition. I'm so afraid people will think I'm weird for smiling as I pass them or being nice even though I don't know them. In this society of looking at our phones when we walk and using social media to portray a "perfect" life, I feel like I can't connect.

I overthink everything and end up not showing the love I am called to.

I encourage you to greet people in your classroom or workplace with love. God made them. They have a heart (even if they don't act like it). They might not respond with the same kindness you show them, but there's a bigger picture than that.

Love them with a love that is genuine and truly cares about that person. Don't just fake it to "seem nice."

I could go on about how this relates to struggling with gossip or grudges, but I won't. I just want to leave you with this.

Building up walls to protect you from feeling less than can only last so long. It will eventually turn you into a hardened person. Be vulnerable. Allow people to get a glimpse of the love God fills us with that is greater than any love. We weren't called to blend in and be cold-hearted. We are called to love. Let it be genuine. ♥